View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Blind stealing at the PP 10/20

[ QUOTE ]

I cannot possibly recount the number of times I've cringed seeing some TAG trying to steal a 30%+ VPIP player. Worse, a 75% showdown player. If one of those players is sitting to your left, give it up, you won't be getting very many blinds at all that session.

[/ QUOTE ]

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] playing HU pots in position against 30% vpip, 75% showdown players. I don't need AK to make this situation profitable. I don't need a strong hand at all.

[ QUOTE ]

When defending the blind, ask yourself why you're defending the blind. Let a player take a few blinds. You don't have to defend them all like a rabid dog. The blind isn't your money anymore. This is poker 101, but it's so easy to forget. The blind in front of you is offering you a discount to see a flop against your opponent, but it doesn't turn Q2s into QJs.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are not bad postflop, blind defense even with poor hands usually has more EV than folding.

So, basically your main points are:
-Don't blind steal from loose players (totally disagree)
-Don't defend against players that steal liberally ( [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img])