View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 01:48 AM

Default Re: What could Dannenman have put Hachem on in the last hand?

[ QUOTE ]
Why isn't anyone getting on Hachem for calling a preflop raise with 7,3? He had to know he was behind. He got a lucky flop and Dannenman couldn't put him on that hand. Oops.

There are very few hands when you have the nuts. If you lay down every hand to someone who represents a bigger hand than you have, you aren't going to do very well at poker.

Just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

He called because he had a $23 million chip lead, the raise was only about twice the BB, and he knew he could trap Dannenman if he got lucky on the flop, and get away from the hand easily enough if he didn't. His strategy makes perfect sense to me.

Your other comment--about laying down every hand to someone that represents a bigger hand than you have completely glosses over the absolutely crucial details of the hand and the relative chip count. I'm not talking about "laying down every hand..." I'm talking about that particular hand under those specific conditions. The fact of the matter is, if Dannenman calls that all-in raise from Hachem and Hachem can't beat the ace then Hachem goes from a $23 million chip lead to a $9 million chip deficit on one hand. I don't know what others think about making that sort of play, but there is no way I'm risking a commanding lead HU at the WSOP final table by bluffing and hoping that he'll lay down his ace because I can't beat it, or relying on the river to bail me out if he doesn't. Those are just some of the facts of the hand, the betting sequence screams out to me, at least, that Hachem knew he had Dannenman beat.