Thread: Law School
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Law School

[ QUOTE ]
So, I'm wondering, to those in Law School or those who went to one, does it suck? Is it pretty much all work with very little time to do whatever the hell you want? Are the majority of students Type A personality shmucks?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a 3L, I'll take your questions one at a time: [ QUOTE ]
does it suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

At first, yeah it pretty much totally sucks. Your first semester you're not going to know what you're doing. Reading cases and briefing them are goinig to take you forever. You're not going to have much tim eto socialize (although I managed to always take 1 day off a week). However, you'll learn how to read cases faster relatively soon, the fear of being called on will wear off, you'll figure out how not to brief cases, you'll finish your first semester, and it will get better. [ QUOTE ]
Is it pretty much all work with very little time to do whatever the hell you want?

[/ QUOTE ]

It pretty much really gets better as you're there. The old adage "Your first year they scare you to death, your second year they work you to death, your third year they bore you to death" is pretty close to the mark. In my third year now, I only actually go to class 2 days a week. The remaining 3 days a week I'm in a clinical at a prosecutor's office where I'm actually trying cases and sending criminals to jail. Its pretty damn fun. [ QUOTE ]
Are the majority of students Type A personality shmucks?

[/ QUOTE ] Nah, the majority of Law Students are alcoholics.