View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Evidence that God Exists? Stop it already.

Reading that thread, and others within this forum, help me further realize how stunted our advancement is by blatent ignorance and "circular" logic. I wish science would progress fast enough for it to be able to fill some of these gaps in our knowledge within my lifetime, and it pains me to see the millions upon millions of brainwashed individuals hindering this progress.

From the dawn of man, every culture has had its gods and myths to fill in the blanks. As science progressed, those blanks were filled in with rational explanations through new knowledge and understanding. The only difference between the new Gods and the old ones is they have evolved into harder-to-disprove entities and stories. Its nice to believe in fairy tails and to think that we are more than we really are. Keep thinking you are God's precious little children, as maybe this hope will give some kind of meaning and reassurance to your bleak lives.

Humans need this kind of self-assurance, and they need their ignorance and incomprehension covered in a blanket of security provided by religion. Science will continue filling in the blanks presently filled in by hogwash. I am happy to see more and more thinking individuals come out of society, but it pains me to know how many are still swept in the lies of fairy tails and don't even understand the metaphors presented in their own religious beliefs. To think after all this time some people are still on this level is hard to believe, and somewhat depressing. How long will it take for this continued ignorance to cease?

P.S.: This is a pretty good link from the other post for those of you who claim the bible is the infallible "Word of God". Such an omnipotent entity would certainly not make that many mistakes in his own word, would he? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]