View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 10:23 PM

Default SH 5/10NL turn semi-bluff, am I doing this right?

Hi, guys. Long time reader, but never posted a hand. This one is probably not that interesting, but I'm just trying to grasp SH play, so comments on all streets are very appreciated.

No really good read on the villain in this hand, except that he is pretty aggressive, especially when he is preflop raiser or when it's checked to him. In a few pots I played with him I had to fold most of the times to pot-sized bets on flop or turn. Normally I'm pretty aggressive, but I have been cold-decked, so I haven't had too many chances to fight back, so he might view me as weak-tight, not sure about that though. But it's starting to feel somewhat like villain thinks he has a license for pushing me out of the pots.

His raise on the flop is more likely to be a made hand than a draw, even though he might have picked up a heart draw on the turn. So he probably has TP with or without FD or overpair, set or maybe something like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] but I think the last two are less likely.

5/10 NL online, 4 handed

SB $1,308.00
BB (Hero) $1,508.00
CO $2,493.50
Button $1,152.00

dealt to Hero 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

CO raises to 30$, Button calls $30, SB folds, Hero calls $20

Flop: (pot = 95$) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero bets $75, CO raises to $175, Button folds, Hero calls $100

Turn: (pot = 445$) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero checks, CO bets $300, Hero goes all in for $1303

Not sure of any other way to play this. Maybe this push would have more folding equity without second heart on the board. I might just call the turn if I were in position, but OOP when I hit my hand, unless it's a gutshot, I'm not sure what to do. CR the flop might leave me in a big pot in a worst possible position against 1 or even 2 opponents. Maybe case could be made for 3-betting the flop all in, but it doesn't feel right to push 130bb into 30bb pot.

Thoughts? Sorry if it's a boring one.