Thread: AJs
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: AJs

[ QUOTE ]
Uhm no, if villain is a bad LAG, re-raising is great (in this case I think re raising is OK) but if the villain is simply a little looser and aggressive than most, which range of hands do you see him calling with?

[/ QUOTE ]

if villain is bad LAG, reraising is bad. if villain is bad lag and he 3 bets all in, what do you do? if villain is bad lag and he smoothcalls and then fires pot on a KJx flop, what do you do? or if flop comes all unders and he bets pot?

you are put in to many many more marginal situations if villain is bad lag than if villain is good LAG assuming good LAG villain does not think you capable of reraising AJ.

I don't mind a fold from villains of hands that I am coinflip with or near coinflip with (KT, KQ). I also don't mind if villain folds suited connectors and other implied odds hands. but if he does call my reraise with say a mid pocket pair hoping to bust my "obvious" AA/KK, I make money when he doesn't hit his set and I don't lose much the times he does hit. if he calls with AK, AQ, because we are sharing the A, it will happen less than 1/3 the time that he flops a pair and even if he does flop the pair, playing it out of position against a tight preflop reraiser sucks thus if he is smart LAG, he likely folds a lots of better hands.