Thread: Bubble Boy
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Bubble Boy

[ QUOTE ]
I regularly play in two $20 buy in N/L tournaments a week. One game has 6 to 9 players, and I win my fair share of the time. The other game has 12-20 players and I have only finished in the money once....more often than not, I am am one or two places from the money. The larger tournament certainly has better players, so I know that is one problem, I am getting close to the money....but not having enough chips to do anything. I would be considered a very conservative player....should I loosen up playing with more people? I know this isn't much information so any general advice would be appreciated, thanks. I will be glad to answer any specific questions

[/ QUOTE ]

How long have you been playing these games? If you've gone say ten tourneys, or 2.5 months worth, and only moneyed once, it probably feels like you never make the money. In fact its far to small a sample to know that you are doing anything wrong. I'd be very careful about tinkering with your game simply based on the assumption that you must be doing something wrong by only moneying once in a small run of tourneys.

Zetack