View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Open Raise from MP (Poll)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw dids i think youre wrong about hating these polls. we should all be astute enough to know that most hands arent profitable 100% of the time and most hands arent unprofitable 100% of the time. however, it takes a great amount of skill to really be able to determine when certain hands become more profitable then others and that skill involves alot of understanding of postflop concepts. these polls and preflop guidelines fix alot of preflop problems for good players who lack ability to understand these concepts. in the long run everybody should be trying to develop into a strong enough player to come to their own conclusions but in the meantime these guidelines will make those people alot of money who arent there yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Polls encourage a quick, cursory thought process in response to what are difficult questions. They tend to not provide much content and do give a lot of people the wrong impression about preflop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I understand the need for default plays obviously, I guess it's just that like jason mentions, I'm not sure this is a optimal way to talk about it.

Moreover, I think you can have this conversation more generally. For instance, vs. unknowns I tend to have more conservative openning standards. I don't think that really means I'm taking a binary point of view to how I play T9s though.