View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Black\'s 2 donkey plays

I'll have to agree that the KJ play was just silly in context only of that hand, and especially in the context of Tex playing a tight game so far.

If I have JJ in Tex's position, I don't even think about folding. That's just silly. A guy limps after a Matusow raise (4X a round) and 3 callers, you raise, and then you think its possible he has your JJ beat? No way. Black would NEVER play AA/KK/QQ that way. Then, combine that with the fact that when it got back to him, he spent all that time thinking about what to do before going all in...it was more time than he would use to try to fake someone out when it was an obvious decision with an overpair. My hand range would be Black has some AA/KK/QQ/AKs/AKo about 1% of the time, another 2 broadway or single overcard hand (like A9/K9s) 60% of the time, and medium pair (JJ-77) the rest.

As soon as he said all in, I woulda looked like Helmuth springing the trap he's been setting up for 4000 hands, pushing my chips in with one hand, flipping JJ over, standing up and yelling, "I gotcha".