View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: My PT stats at 40k hands. Opinions please.

Hi,

First thing id say is thanks for sticking in your stats- Can i ask- whats your VPIP stats and fold blind to steal stats etc. These are quite important.

I must say that i think your winrate is somewhat on the low side- although if you are comfortably eeking out a profit you can only improve with time.

Your BB/100 at these sort of games should be at least double if not treble what they are at the minute, especially at these smaller stakes. I play these myself and find i can beat them for over 10 BB/100 if not more.

Some basic advice i would get is to play your big hands fast. If you have AA/KK etc etc. Raise a good 5x BB if not more and often you get callers with alsorts of junk. There shouldnt be any 'slow-playing' pf in these games unless you are certain someone will raise if you limp.

Post-flop the money is in sets and good TPTK/2 pair hand- youll be suprised at what people call you down with- don't get too crazy with the latter 2 but they are still good money makers.
Hitting sets is where you can stack your opponents- Check call/check raise turn type moves here i found are really effective if you flop a set- i like betting out if an ace or king comes on turn or river if you think it has helped villain.

Also can you post some of your win % for your top group 1 hands ie: AA/KK/AK/QQ etc and everyone can have a look at where you may be loosing out. It could be just that your simply playing too many junk hands and getting out kickered or have opponents with higher pairs etc. Certainly something is off somewhat.

Ric.