View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: Flopped nut straight on monotone board.

[ QUOTE ]
You should assign each of your opponents has up to a 36.72% chance of having two [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s in the hole with three [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s on the flop. The percentage will come down if you assume that a few opponents of your opponents have one heart.

If each of your five opponents has a 36.72% chance of having a two hearts, than it is very probable (indeed, it is almost certain) that your nut straight is beat.

With so many limpers, you may have wanted to raise in the small blind. K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is not the stongest hand, but it will hold up more often with less players. The bad news is you are first to act on all future betting rounds.

You bet over the size of the pot and were you re-raised smally. A small raise usually means someone wants a call, especially at a small stakes table. You may want to call to see how the raiser plays the turn and river, but you definitely do not want to throw any more money in this pot.

You had pot odds to call (and perhaps raise) with your hole cards, so it made sense to take a stab at it. It stopped making sense to continue playing it after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

My math is way off here, so ignore this math advice. I will re-do when I have the time. The small raise wanting a call holds.