View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Notebook of a Gamer: \"Turtling\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To the starcraft example: Expanding aggressively and focusing on 'turtling' with the Terrans isn't what the OP was takling about. The OP was talking about what I used to do, which was making sure that I had Toss Cannons on every square of map within there screens of my base.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that is what OP meant. I'll agree with XHad, the prototypical turtler is the one makes his base impenatrable. With Terran, that is seige tanks behind those buildings where you can put 4 marines. With Toss, it's cannons. With Zerg, it's sunken and spore conolies.

What OP appeared to mean is that, while the newbie has made an impenatrable defense at home, he's allowed his opponent to expand to all the minerals and gas on the map. Eventually, the turtler will run out of resources and have to expand. The person who has already expanded is either already there or has a large resource advantage which he can use to prevent the expansion.

Building cannons all over the map is something you just don't see on Starcraft, except maybe on Big Game Hunters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, but I did it, and that's why I sucked (cannons all over the base really, not the map. I wasn't clever enough to use them offensively) The idea was the same though: games lasted a long time, but I almost inevitably lost [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]