View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Taking a Coinflip in BB on the Absolute Bubble? ($109)

[ QUOTE ]
I call this almost everytime (unless I have a specific read on a guy). Is that a leak?

[/ QUOTE ]

This situation arises so infrequently that I don't believe it's a huge leak; and while I would fold, I don't think it's a clear fold, and I can certainly see the wisdom in calling. I just wouldn't call here myself.

As Adanthar said, a great player can wield the larger stack (if the 55 were to hold up) to make a call here +$EV; but I'm not good enough (and chances are most of us aren't) good enough to make this call +$EV, because the larger stack won't overcome the -$EV call we're making in this spot. I think it's up to MSUCougar to judge his abilities, and know if the larger stack (resultant from calling and having the 55 hold up) can get him into the big money spots at the final table frequently enough to make taking the worst of it here profitable - or if calling and losing on the bubble will frustrate/anger him to the point of 'tilting', etc - even if he's otherwise skilled enough that it's truly a +EV call for him.

So I think this is largely a question of player introspection: do we think we're good enough to take the larger stack and parlay it into a big money spot -- so much so that we can take the worst of it by calling with 55 here? I'm not that good, so I'd lay it down. MSU's situation is likely different.

Hope this makes sense.