View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 03:39 PM

Default $2/$5 Straddle Defense

Good $2/$5 game at the MGM this last weekend.

Relevant Players:
EP ($600): Loose/Donkish redneck guy. Will limp in with a lot of hands, but gets out of the way when facing resistance.

BB: ($750) Been playing fairly weak/tight from the looks of things, but I have only seen him show down one hand, which was a horrifically played overpair. (Called PF raise from loose player on button with QQ, and gave a bunch of free cards on coordinated board.)

Me: (Covers): I have been trying to get a loose/crazy image going. It's only my 4th or 5th orbit at the table. I have been abusing my button, and have won a few good sized pots with PF garbage that connected. I have also won several pots without showdown. I have straddled every time so far, and have only defended it once.

I post $10 live straddle. EP (UTG+2) limps. Folds to BB who completes. I decide I'm going to steal this pot regardless of what I have.

I look down at J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and make it $60 to go. EP folds. BB calls $50.

Flop (~$130): 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB leads for $30. <font color="red">Hero raises to $130</font>. BB calls $100.

Turn (~$390): [9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks. Hero checks.

River: (~$390):[9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets $250. Hero quickly calls.

Final Pot: ~$890

This hand is probably boring, but I thought that I needed to post a hand for my 1000th post, and I couldn't find a good one.