View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Can someone help me take better notes

Hi all. I was just wondering if anyone could help me out in the note taking department. I don't really know how to put this but I think I don't utilize note taking enough even when I take them. For example, I often takes notes like "cdw A high to river" or "Tried a river bluff raise in large pot". I think that these are probably the kinds of things that I should be taking notes on but then I end up not using them or the players leave pretty soon after I take them. I bonus whore so I play on a lot of sites so maybe they would come in more usefull if I played on one site more often. However, usually the guys that I play a lot of hands against are the best players and I end up having the least amount of notes on them because I think "well he made the right play, why should I note that". I guess maybe this is wrong thinking but it's hard to tell what I should put down against such players and I don't want to mislabel a good player because he made one or two "bad" plays as he might just be trying to mix things up. Also, I think when I play against these players sometimes I'm too simplistic with my notes. For example, I usually just end up value betting more against the "cdw A high" guy or trying to induce bluffs from the aggressive guys. Maybe this is what I'm supposed to be doing but I gusse I think I'm just not getting as much as I should at these aspects. I normally 2 table 6max 3/6 or 2/4 if there aren't 2 3/6 tables and I have been good about not surfing while I play so I think I'm paying pretty close attention. I guess I'm rambling but am hoping someone could help me more with this.