View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: How to steal the button?

[ QUOTE ]

Are you asking about what's commonly called buying the button -- making a raise in late but not last position, hoping that everyone after you will fold and let you act last on future rounds?

Also, you should get in the habit of stating what game you're talking about. I assume that you're talking about no-limit hold 'em,

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, yes. I mean, how do you buy the button? I think some players in our NL hold'em home game bluff from early position, making a slightly larger than minimum raise [if the blinds are 50/100, they raise 150]. Is this "buying" the button or just bluffing?

Our game is a real mix of loose and passive players (they limp, don't raise much) and a few aggressive players who will aggressively bet from late position or the blinds when others limp. However, I've found that the times I have a hand and raise before these players, they will just call [if blinds are 50/100, they will call raises between 100-200]. I'm trying to figure out how to buy the button with hands that I don't want to raise more than 2x blinds with.