View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: This could put anyone on tilt: (LC)

[ QUOTE ]
I was trying to keep the momentum/make a block bet, but you're right Tom, it was really weak. Out of potting, check-calling, check-folding, or check-raising, a weak lead is probably the worst idea.

I thought if he had flush draw, straight draw, or trips (no boat), that I might make it to a cheap showdown by maintaining control. I have been able to do this with many weak players lately.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've found people love to min-bet (or make similarly small bets) at the lower levels. Your $2 bet is a step up from the min-bet crap, but it still doesn't accomplish much. Lately, when people min-bet into me especially when heads-up I take it as a personal insult. It's like they're trying to offer me nice pot odds as an enticement to just call, when in reality they're the ones who want to draw cheap. It pisses me off and helps motivate a naturally timid player like myself to pop any weak lead for a raise.

Edit: The above may not apply so much to the lower levels. People love to min-bet their draws at $25, but the players there are also loose enough to call your raises too. So make sure you pick your opponents carefully if you decide to start bluff-raising people who weak-lead into you.