View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: It\'s heads up... I raise the turn and fold to a 3 bet

[ QUOTE ]
"My read was that Villain would never bluff."

what do you put him on when he donks the turn? if he is never bluffing and plays straightforward then i don't think you will be ahead here often, and probably shouldn't call the first bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, so true. But I felt that by not raising the flop I may have encouraged him to lead the turn (remember, I viewed him as a first level thinker) with his flush draw or underpair and that I would be folding the best hand. So, in order to be certain that I was not folding the best hand, I raised the turn, got re-raised and folded, certain that I was behind.

So the real question is...

1. Did I lose more than I should have in this case, a case where I am became convinced on the turn that I was behind?

2. Had I been ahead, would I have gained sufficient value and offered up sufficient protection to my hand?

I realized that you hadn't posted in a long time. You were one of the first posters that I read with clarity back when I began a year or so ago.

Anyway, welcome back. You are still clear of thought and expression but probably could have chosen an easier post/poster to "get back into it." [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]