Thread: My typical day
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: My typical day

i read alot of this thread and im pretty disgusted with alot of the posts in it. you have a problem and rather then people give you a solution to that problem they are reprimanding you for sending your kid to daycare.

the best solution to your problem that ive heard is to hold off on playing poker until your kid starts going to preschool. i think that makes alot of sense. as the others have said its not a good situation to be putting your kid into daycare for almost an entire day.

at the start of the thread you said that you want your kid going to daycare to meet other children, but its sounding like that was just a poor justification for not raising your kid yourself.

it sounds like you are making more than 20k a year. that was your first year but as you said in the early months you didnt make much. you could probably clear 40k this year easily. youre not making peanuts and thats more money then your husband makes and a real step forward in getting to that house you want.

from what ive read you cant play poker with your kid in the house, its just not possible. if this was my predicament i think i would be dropping my kid off to daycare for 4 hours a day. during those 4 hours i play poker and pick him up immediately after. if im not going to play today the kid stays home with me. i dont think making the kid spend a few hours out of the house is a bad idea but i dont know much about children to know one way or the other. i dont know what your hourly rate is but clearly if you dont think you can make much more money then the price of daycare playing 28hours a week then you should probably hold off altogether and only play poker those times when your kid falls asleep early or something. you could also have somebody come to your house for 4 hours a day to look after the kid for you. maybe a family member or if you start doing really well with poker you could afford to pay someone $10/hr.

another solution to this problem is to move your computer into your bedroom and when your husband comes home from work you go into your bedroom so that your kid cant bother you. you play poker then and he takes care of the kid all by himself. clearly i think its best if he supports this idea rather than just laying the burden onto him. you dont want to create problems within your marriage.

the guy who told you to play after your kids go to sleep and sleep 5 hours a night is a boob.

you probably dont want your kid growing up in your small apartment which is understandable, so you either have to start making money now or your income needs to increase in the future so you can live in a nicer apartment which it will if you proceed in getting better at poker.