View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Stars 45k Question!!

I dislike the flop bet a lot here. I'd also put some serious consideration into a re-steal PF given your read (and previous experience) on the villian. Good players know a flop like T55 are the kind that are frequently bluffed, and if you're looking to represent a T or a 5 you need to CR here. Betting out certainly doesn't represent a very strong hand. He's going to figure you for a medium pair, a flush draw, or air.

His flop call then check behind on the turn worries me a lot. If he had called the flop and planned on taking this pot away from you on the turn he probably would bet here. Since he called your flop bet then didn't bet when you showed weakness on the turn, I can only guess that he's hoping you'll catch up. Once you hit that river card though I think you're going to the felt.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to see him turn over a boat here though, although I have the benefit of knowing that you're probably only posting this hand because you lost it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Def rethink your flop bet here though. I like the call PF bet flop line on a lot of hands, but on this particular flop that play represents a very weak, scared hand and if I were the villian, I would seriously consider calling with any two to take this on the turn.

Coincidentally, this is also why ocasionally betting out a flop like this with TT or A5 will get you some action against a thinking player.

-Rizen