View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Help me get rid of cashout syndrome!

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, how do I stop the cashouts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides simply not cashing out?

Give yourself clear goals.

I started out in feb and after my girlfriend noticed I was not losing all my money but had finally found a hobby that actually made me some. (we have a babygirl and a bloody big dog that needs to be fed, I can't tell her to mind her own business [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img])

My initial deposit was 100$ which I lost within 2 days, then I smartened up and started reading, my second deposit was another 100$ and I've never looked back. I promised my GF that any amount over 1000$ would be used for "good" things. The first thing that was carried into the house was a new 600$ washingdryer and after that I bought myself a squash outfit and a 3 month subscription to the gym (if I would include a picture of me you'd agree that that is a "good" thing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

Now I've decided to bring my bankroll up to 2000$ so I can definitely move up to 2/4 3/6 (I'm handling myself at 2/4 momentarily but would feel better with a bigger buffer)and only cash out sums higher then that.

That and to me my pokermoney is not real money. I don't see it as an extension of my bank account. I've cashed out the initial 200$ so I'm only playing with my profits. So when I think about how much money I have to do stuff I never add up my pokerfunds to that.

Hope this helps, works for me!