Thread: LOST (spoilers)
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 08:16 AM

Default Re: LOST (spoilers)

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah we've been told they have 7-8 seasons worth of story to tell. Dont expect all the answers anytime soon. I mean, by seaoson 4-5 this show could be in some crazy weird off-the-hook place. Which is something Ive wondered about, they could very easily change this to a more sci-fi ish show easily, they have a lot of room to take it a good amount of places.

And if godforbid it does get canceled, hopefully they will attempt to answer many of the questions that are lying around.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen the ratings for Lost? And the awards it's won? I know you said God-Forbid...I think God herself would have to personally intervene for this show to get cancelled ANYTIME in the near future. They're gonna take their sweet-ass time because...hey, it's a wildly successful suspense show. ABC and the show's creators are making boatloads of cash on each episode...why not draw it out?

And (to the people complaining about slowness).....I think a lot of people did the "watch Season One on DVD all at once" thing (I did). But if you really think about it, last season didn't really move much faster than this season. Weeks went by where before we knew anything about John Locke, how they were going to feed themselves long-term, about Jin and Sun, about Kate's crimes (which we still don't exactly know), about Jack's demons...no idea what the monster is, it took weeks to start unearthing The Hatch from the time we first saw it to the time we actually figured out what it was. The whole show has been slow...that's the point. If they revealed too much, too fast, there simply wouldn't be enough interesting storyline to make it a weekly drama for 5-8 years.

I'm still a huge fan and dutifully arrange my Wednesday obligations around being home at 8pm for Lost.