View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 05:56 AM

Default Re: PP 20/40 - KK hand

Ok, I am MP3. I raised PF with XX and got 3bet, but didn't cap. I like the flop enough to stick around for the turn for 1 bet. Donkey bets into me. What do I know about the guy who 3bet me? He's a TAG, and he knows I'm a TAG. He can't have a Jack (unless he has 2 Jacks). No way he 3bets with a Jack in his hand (unless it is 2 jacks). OK, I'm likely ahead of 3bettor with my pair. But what does donkey have? Could have a 5, could have a 6, could have diamonds, could be bluffing, could have a jack. If I raise here, TAG should fold. He may not fold AA/KK, but he folds everything else and usually folds AA/KK.

OR

I'm MP3. I got AJ. I love the flop, but I know TAG. If I check to him on the turn, he WILL bet, and I can get him and maybe the donkey for 2 bets on the turn. That's much better than 2 bets on the flop. Donkey bets the turn. Damn. OK, Tag's folding most of his hands here, but the donkey might call down. Hell, mabye I'll get lucky and TAG will call down with AA-QQ. Time to raise.

I think that scenario 2 is much more common. But scenario 1 is certainly possible.