View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 05:44 AM

Default Williams at Bally\'s second chance NL Tourney

I was a little bored this evenning so I drove down to Bally's and played in the $225 NLH 6 p.m. second chance tourney.

I was sitting at a high number table when I saw David Williams walk by and sit up front at one of the lower number tables. I thought to myself wow I wonder why he is playing in this tourney. At the same time I hoped that when my table broke I would be moved to his table. As it turned out my table broke one level before the break and I was moved to table 34. Williams, unfortunately was at 33.

About 20 minutes later it was break time. There were still over 100 players left. I had T2100. I believe that I had an average stack. The blinds were going up to T100-200 after the break. I got up from the table to go and get something to eat. As I passed table 33 I noticed that they were still playing their last hand before the break. Williams was first in from 2 off the button. He had moved all of his T2800 chips in and announced that he had not looked at his cards.

A young Vegas local was on the button. He called and turned over A,Ko. Williams turned over 2,3o. The A,K won and williams was knocked out.

I saw him a few moments later at the Deli downstairs and told him that I was goint to let Fossilman know just what kind of player he beat last year. He said that he had some place to be and had to leave. I wondered why he started playing in the first place but didn't ask and just let it go at that.

I finished 6th in the tournament. The guy that knocked me out was the same Vegas local that knocked out Williams. After I got knocked out I walked over to Bellagio and there in the 10-20 NLH game was the 2006 WSOP champ Hachem. I watched him play his big blind. There was an early limper and then a mid raiser to $60. The button called and I said to myself I bet Hachem folds. He indeed folded and I left. I make him as a tight player. (I was going to say weak tight but didn't want to start any controversy). Over all it was a fun night. I guess I don't have to win it all in a tournament to enjoy myself.

Vince