View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 04:14 AM

Default Iraq, Iran

[ QUOTE ]
If you read the article correctly [?!], you would understand the point was that many intelligence agencies past and present believed what Bush believed.

[/ QUOTE ]But the point is incorrect ! British intelligence was arm-twisted into producing something that the spooks felt uncomfortable with. Czech intelligence faked the Niger connection. Italian intelligence amplified the Czech fabrications. Russian intelligence was a joke. And the CIA did a patently, obviously lousy job!

Everybody was falling all over themselves to please Washington, to the point that some intellignece agencies started murdering in cold blood innocent immigrants in their country and labeling them "terrorists", just to appear pro-war in the eyes of Washington.

And you mean to tell me that you were not onto the lies as soon as you witnessed the wretched performance of Colin Powell in the U.N. ?? Come on, you're supposed to be a poker player.

[ QUOTE ]
Clinton thought it did in 1998 when he bombed Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ] The policy of permanent sanctions (no terms defined for lifting it) and bombing Iraq was wrong -- and it was a bi-partisan wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
The Kurds knew Saddam had used WMDs and had the potential to do it again.

[/ QUOTE ] Chemical weapons, such as mustard gas, are in a wholly different class than nucular weapons. It was the threat of the latter that ostensibly led us into war. (Remember, Saddam was supposed to present a "clear and present danger"...)

[ QUOTE ]
Multiple high level commissions on this topic support my conclusions.

[/ QUOTE ] There have been only two "high level" reports on the fiasco that I'm aware of: One was the U.S. Congress investigation, which was a bi-partisan compromise, though quite damning even for that. And the Lord Butler report in Britain, which everyone and his butler found to be a Blair whitewash.

What else you got ?..

[ QUOTE ]
I love how someone with a differing view on an issue must be delusional or simply biased.

[/ QUOTE ]Supporters of the war in Iraq, at this stage, when all the relevant info is out, are either delusional orheavily biased, yes. Sorry about that.

[ QUOTE ]
Where was your condemnation of Iran's new president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, for calling for the annihilation of Israel.

[/ QUOTE ] I hereby condemn Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Happy ? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
You are awesome.

[/ QUOTE ] Thanks... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]