View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: How would you react? B&M Confrontation last night

I go against my word, only because the defender of he-bitch man-slapping the ears is truly a moron.
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a link on ear strikes: Ear strikes discussion

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you read this? First of all, if you're going to base your fight-plan on something you read online that begins with "my hapkido instructor teaches..." then you're streetfighting's equivalent to a donkey. Moreover, that discussion doesn't really strenghten your argument too much.
"The ear thing would cause a lot of pain and i recon it would work but landing it in such a manner for it to work might be difficult. Its not like landing a punch. You must have the whole hand land perfectly."
i.e. is you're opponent really going to stand there and let you slap at his ears a few times before you get it right.

"Boxing the ears works if you have two free hands and a static opponent. It can blow out the ear drums, likely causing the victim to bleed from the ears and experience a lack of balance as seen in a drunk. You're almost certainly not going to pull it off against someone mid-fight, so your best bet is boxing the ears as a first strike.

You can also slap the ear with an open hand in a hooking motion. It hurts, but you won't bust the ear drum. I have gotten a knockdown using this as a first strike."
Again, notice the line about a static opponent, not that likely in a fight, they're usually pretty busy trying to hit you and take you down to "ground and pound" you.

You're praising an idiotic concept that would have to be executed perfectly to be effective and the effectiveness of the technique is questionable at best.