View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Abortion, and birth control

[ QUOTE ]
The circumstances of the pregnency have nothing to do with the morality of abotion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am very pro-choice and I disagree with you. That is to say, the circumstances of putting a bullet in a mans head have everything to do with the morality of that act. Although, as a purely digressionary endeavor, it would be interesting to dive into the mindset of those who favor abortion in the case of rape and incest. Does a fetus that is the product of a rape have fewer rights simply because something bad happened to the mother? Is it OK to abort the child simply because the father is an [censored] (to my knowledge, the propensity to rape is not hereditary).

To address the OP - The circumstance you envision does happen. Any institutionalized practice, such as driving, drinking, drugs, guns, golfing, dining out, credit, and abortion all have the ability to be abused. This alone cannot be used as a case to argue their prohibition. That is to say, en total the right of a woman to choose is greater than the negative effects that stem from the abuse of abortion.

Of course, my ability to convince pro-life individuals of that is somewhat limited.