View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Re: New Thread For Discussion of New Mods

[ QUOTE ]
i received this in a pm from tstone yesterday: im irritated by the things im hearing about you on the mod forums and i dont appreciate whats going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post in Mid-high about not adding the middle limits forum may have led a number of concerned posters to believe that you had somehow been the force preventing it from happening.

Tstone IM'd me yesterday (most HUSH regulars have my IM name - it's "Surfbullet" in case any of you need to reach me) angry about your post, seeing it as an effort to stop the creation of the mid-limits forum that he and others had lobbied for.
I said that while you had expressed the belief that it was not necessary in our discussions here, that it was ultimately Mat + Chuck's call and they'd do what they thought was in the best interests of 2+2 as a whole, given the responses of all the mods + the regulars in the thread.

I'm not sure what motivated him to send such a PM and it was foolish IMO.

While Tstone himself has acknowledged that he would not be the best candidate for moderator, it seems unprofessional at best that you would further oppose someone for personal reasons, rather than the best interests of 2+2 and its specific strategy forums.

My understanding is that this board exists so we can freely discuss ideas in order to best influence the 2+2 community using the responsibilites granted to us. In that spirit I have kept an open mind and feel that personal agendas take a back seat.

As dids commented, we should be free to voice our opinions without reserve.

In this regard I may have erred - Tstone IM'd me today and asked me if it looked like he was going to be a mod, and I told him no. He asked why, and I said because the consensus was that he was a good strategy poster but lacked the temperament to make a good moderator. He agreed with me and I thought that was that.

I won't do this again in the future, I didn't realize at the time that I was saying more than I should.

Surf