Thread: House
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: House

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You stole my post...

It does have a formula but so do other shows that don't suck...Law and Order, Mash ("We got wounded here!"), early ER (before it became St. Elsewhere), the Prisoner, the Fugitive, etc...

In fact House is essentially CSI without annoying flashlights...except the acting/writing/hotladydoctor makes it stand out.

[/ QUOTE ]
At least in Law & Order the cases are different to some degree, and there can be a twist every now and then. On House, he busts on his staff, flirts with his boss, listens to Robert Sean Leonard tell him what a heartless bastard he is, they always try three different treatments before House notices something miniscule, and then gives the correct diagnosis. And also, other than last week, the patient always survives. The House character is the only one that shows any type of growth. Again, its a good show due to the acting, but it could be better, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Although I sometimes watch Law & Order, it's just as fourmulaic as House is, if not more so.

House is a very good show, I try to remember to watch it, but if I miss it I'm not overly concerned (partly because it is so fourmulaic)... I might get the DVDs... Who knows?

P.S. I also like CSI... At least the older ones...