Thread: My typical day
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: My typical day

[ QUOTE ]
Ok I made 10K after tax after deducting daycare cost. But my husband's 20K won't be there if my kid is at home all day.

And last year I started by playing 25c/50c with 500 dollar bankroll . The first 1k took me 4 months to earn. So my 20K per year is not an flat average.
We hope to use poker money to help pay for a house later, considering how costly house are, we can't afford it by my husband's teacher salary.

[/ QUOTE ]

clearly we're giving you feedback on about 1/100th of the truly available information so how about I do this:

1 - is it a "waste" to spend your day playing poker : ABSOLUTELY NOT! Plenty of folks on this site do it for a living and I do not have any issue with that. Its not a waste if you understand the risks and its not an addiction / life destroying activity.

HOWEVER

2 - your situation is a bit different because you have a kid involved. In My Opinion, your child needs to be your #1 priority and that means that if you CAN you should have the little one at home with you during the day. Your choices should reflect what is in the best interest of your child, not what is easiest/most convenient/nicest/funnest/coolest for you. You're a parent now, the days of "what I want" are over and "what is best for my child" should be the driving force behind your decisions. If dropping your child off at day care and spending 5 - 8hrs/day playing poker is truly what is best for your child then go for it.

3 - don't justify dropping your child off at day care with "the social interaction is good for him." If I need to dig up the cites for the studies I'll do it, but its better for the kids to be at home with mom and/or dad during their early years. They'll get plenty of interaction when they reach school age.

Again . what you do is up to you, but you asked, its been answered, and you might not like it.

FishNChips