Thread: My typical day
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: My typical day

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have kids...but intend to in the semi-near future.

If I'm still playing poker from home then I would consider this to be an advantage.

Maybe I don't undderstand the full realities of it all...but I would think that you can take care of the kid just a little bit while clicking-away online.
And my sig-other can pursue her career all she likes while i'm the stay-at-home-dad-who-is-still-making-money.

I don't think the OP is nearly as bad as others are making her out to be.
I might be inclined to take my kid to day-care every once in awhile just as much for the social-interaction as anything. But this wouldn't be a regular thing if I didn't have to do it of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sir:

I think that you'll find that taking care of the kid and playing won't mix. I think that there may be a few kids out there that this would work with, but in general, babies/toddlers need way too much attention to make playing at the same time an option.

My main issue with OP is:
1 - she could adjust her playing schedule and keep the kid at home
2 - her husband is around sometimes, he could take care of the kid when he's around
3 - it seems like she's choosing to play to make a little extra cash and is using that as an excuse to pawn her kid off (I realize that this may be an inaccurate conclusion, but given the facts as presented this is what I'm coming to). The math was done above, she's just not making that much for the 6-8hrs a day that her child is in day care.

Again, its her choice. She can do whatever she wants, but she asked for opinions and now she's getting them.

FishNChips