View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Preflop bluff turns into money by the river

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, The one thing I hate on these forums that I see ocassionally is that people post in a thread "Bad call on the river". That's it. No explanation as to why they think that, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be nitpicky.... but this is a common complaint voiced frequently.... but usually in threads that deserve them. You've gotten nothing but well-reasoned responses here.

As for your hand analysis...

I will continue to maintain that initiative or no initiative your 3-bet was bad. You're ignoring the sometimes villain has a made hand. Or chooses this opportunity to bluff. Or the times that, shockingly, one of your opponents behind you has a hand!

And then, you follow it up with a terrible bet. The guy behind you just called 3 cold. What is he calling 3 cold with that he's folding here? Shockingly, he just calls.

Then, on the turn, you bet again. You think c/call and bet are the same... except for the fact that your opponents often, even EVERY time, have another option available to them: raise. And you can't fold, but you certainly don't have equity to put in two bets on the turn headsup when you're behind.

That your opponent played this like an even bigger donk is the subtler form of revisionist thinking you're undergoing here. He should have raised you on every street.

At least you got the river right.