View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Preflop bluff turns into money by the river

Reading back I see a lot of replies that don't take into consideration anything I've posted with regard to why I believe the preflop raise was +EV.

So, instead of replying individually to any before my last response, I will instead reply to any after that response that have some 'discussable' information in them.

If I seem condescending in what I have to say next, you are right, I am being condescending:

A post like that which I quote below is, again, a waste of everyone's time, including the person typing it. Why bother? If you have no useful information on the hand itself, or on the reasoning, or on the numbers, then why bother? To show how 'superior' you are because you know something no one else does? This is the kind of thing that really ruins forums like this, in my opinion. If you have no criticism that can be discussed, don't bother!

[ QUOTE ]
"Varying play" is now the excuse for "bad play". Bad players use it more often than good players. The thing is, varying play only helps when the other people at your table notice what you are doing, which is almost not the case is an online 2/4 table.

Congrats on your win. You asked for critique, you got it.

[/ QUOTE ]