View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Table Selection (no hand)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone give me some tips on selecting a good 6max table what to look for? Pot size used to be what i looked for but those table are always full of lags and maniacs. Is there a better way to find a decent table? Should I load em and watch a few hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

- sort lobby by # of players
- start opening up 5 player tables, sit down and sit out. I will usually open 4-8 at a time to 3-4 table.
- wait for the next hand to start and PA HUD to kick in
- stand up or sit in. be courteous and do this step quickly, don't hog the seat if you're not going to use it.
- repeat until I am sitting at 3-4 good tables
- once I have my tables up, open up a bunch of six player tables to get to the limit of ten
- datamine, watch tables for fish, join waiting list if it looks good. I will often join five or ten waiting lists. when I get called I take the seat, see if the fish left and make sure I have a good seat, decide whether this table is better than one of my existing ones, etc..

basically I try to keep this going constantly throughout my session, always looking for a better table.

I am looking for the 65/5/.4 guys. I'm shooting for at least two >40/<10/<1.5 guys in the three seats to my right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great advice. I hope noone uses it at 10/20 as my table selection is impeccable. (As is yours)

Krishan