View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Preflop bluff turns into money by the river

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As for the spewing/getting bored posts... am I the only one who varies their play? I don't play ABC poker all the time, otherwise it is too easy to play against me.

I make plays like this ocassionally when I have a read on someone that I can use against them. Plays outside the generic plays.

Again, I'm just curious... is there anyone out there besides me who isn't an automaton?

[/ QUOTE ]

At 2/4 no1 is paying any attention to what the hell you are doing. I think this just sets yourself up for situations where people will play strangely against you and I like solid reads not whacky stuff to go by. I think its good that you posted this hand and you really should learn something from this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is untrue. How many 2+2ers are playing 2/4? I am. I have chatted with others at the tables many times. And, 2+2ers aren't the only players who play 2/4 that are aware and alert. Finally, I would suggest to you that you give a little more respect to the players you play against. Not respecting them can really hurt your play. I say this from experience. I became a winning player not from crazy plays like this or even ABC poker so much as from respecting the players I'm playing against. They aren't ALL donks. When I used to think they were, I made a LOT of mistakes. I make mistakes now based on my own stupidity, not the belief that all my opponents are stupid.