View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Can someone who is 30/20 post a starting hand chart?

How far out of your way do you go to isolate a loose opponent? I think table selection (in addition to blind stealing and defense) has a lot to do with getting your VPIP/PFR up.

What I mean is, my stats went up when I began being very careful to make sure I am sitting directly to the left of a loose player. Depending on your seat and who is left to act you can really raise with a lot of hands that aren't on the "chart" and still be profitable.

I think Rory made a post a while back saying not to worry so much about your overall stats but pay attention to your hand strength vs. your opponents starting range. If you are sitting to the left of someone who plays 70% of his hands you can raise with just about any two cards higher than 8 if you think there's a decent chance everyone else will fold enough.

If the person on your right raises 30% of their hands you can 3-bet with just about any hand that you would normally see a flop with. Your going to get HU with them quite a bit with a better hand and position.

If you choose the right seats at the right tables and really try to isolate your VPIP and PFR will go up.