View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: River Decision - No Brainer?

[ QUOTE ]
The failure to make a CB means something. Could be a miss, could be looking for a c/r. Very important to have a clue here. I think I check behind on the flop, both to keep the pot small and because I don't think my pp can stand a lot of pressure. QT, JT are pretty standard and depending on how many players you could be up against AT, KT.

If you liked this hand well enough to lead the flop and step into a possible c/r then you have to fire the second barrell on the turn or give it up. Your check behind on the turn induces a bluff.

I really can't fault the flop bet because I wasn't there. But you had to think about-have a plan for-the possible c/r. I would think a fold or push would have been good, probably fold and wait for a better spot.

Be a bettor not a caller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - are you saying on the flop, if I got c/r'ed did I have a plan? Hm - hahah maybe not... I was betting what I thought was likely the best hand. If he c/r'ed me all in I'd probably have to fold. But most of the time, if he does that, I'm beat so I wouldn't feel too bad.

I'm pretty sure that I have to bet that flop tho, check behind doesn't make sense to me (to keep the pot small? that seems weak to me, i like my hand on this flop).

I thought briefly about betting the turn, but since I turned a gutshot, and also thought I had Villain beat putting him on overcards, my plan was to call a bet on a river with no paint / Ace. If I knew with great certainty that I had BB beat, I might've bet into the dry-side pot on the turn to get it heads-up with BB.