View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: 4 handed river decision? (online 50/100)

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop I'm playing at least a 3-way pot. Limper is not folding, so I just call to let in hands from the blinds like Ax and s that I don't mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 4-handed and you're likely to have the best hand. In fact, it's a hand that plays well headsup or multiway. And the donks in the blinds may call two cold with a weaker hand anyway given the nature of these games shorthanded. Also reraising preflop gives you more options postflop and the ability to represent different hands.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop can be raised, but I have the nut flush draw, and I want to keep people in to pay me off. It might clear some outs, but not many I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

The preflop raiser may be betting something you beat or can get to lay down later. Your raise may force someone to fold a pair rather than calling two cold. Plus, they may call anyway.

The turn, I agree, is riskier. But a raise may also win you the hand if the preflop raiser doesn't have what you expect him to. And, in the likely event that this doesn't work, you still have outs.

I just prefer to be aggro here, but maybe that is a fault of mine. In these types of hands, your opponents expect you to be aggro anyway so I'd like to splash when A) I have a strong hand/draw and B) I might somehow win without hitting my hand by playing aggressively but have plenty of outs if that doesn't work out.

Jeff