View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: River Decision - No Brainer?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

River is a 3. He bets $200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agressive, possibly tricky... I think he knows about the horrors of bluffing into a dry side pot.

The only trouble is, your description of the all-in BB suggests that he won't necessarily have top pair beat here... despite the fact that he called off his whole stack. This means that Villain might not be "buying the dry side pot" (which obviously has nothing in it)... but instead actually trying to make you fold to pick up the main pot from the BB who has ace-jack or some trash like that.

- Do you know anything more about BB?
- What do you mean by "seemed a little Hollywood" -- was this your isolated impression, or did he have a history of "Hollywood" plays? I think this read is important... the sidepot dynamic makes c/c flop and check turn with a set more likely.

I probably have to lay down here.

[/ QUOTE ]

BB is a total tard. I've played with him before and he is just a pleasant middle-aged Asian guy who donks off his stack with regularity. Therefore his range is wide on that flop, anything from top pair to overcards to gutshot. I know that, Villain knows that.

I mentioned his "Hollywood" because I also thought my read there was the most critical part of my decision. It was, unfortunately, an isolated event (never really played with him before or seen him do that during the session).

The way he played it, to me, he either had a set or overs. I think with overpair he would have reraised the flop.

My read was he was truly agonizing whether to call with AK or AQ (based on the fact that he thought he might not be ahead of me, but he could be ahead of BB, and could either catch-up or bluff me out).

That is the main reason I called. Stupid? I think this hand ended up being almost entirely read-dependent.