View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Here\'s the actual sequence in the final hand

Stacks: Hachem $39.99 million
Dannenmann $16.35 million

Blinds: $150,000/$300,000 Ante: $50,000

Dannenmann raised to $700,000 and Hachem called. The flop came 4d-5d-6h. Hachem checked and Dannenman bet $700,000, Hachem re-raised to $1,700,000 and Dannenman called. The turn was the As. Hachem bet $2,000,000 and Dannenman raised to $5,000,000. Hachem went all-in and Dannenman instantly called. Hachem held the 7c-3s and Dannenman the Ad-3c. Hachem had flopped a straight and Dannenman was drawing to a tie with one of the 3 remaining sevens on the river. The river was the 4c.

So Dannenman still had $16.35 million going into this hand, and Hachem only had to call another $350,000 to see the flop. As I said, I agree that it's impossible to put Hachem on 7-3o going into the flop, but when Hachem check-raised Dannenman's $700,000 bet on the flop to $1.7 million I would've been immediately worried about a set. Then the ace hits the turn and Hachem doesn't care and bets out $2 million. I seriously consider getting away from the hand there, because at the very least I put Hachem on a better ace, and I still suspect a set. Maybe there's a chance that Hachem doesn't have it though, I suppose, so Dannenman goes big over the top and raises to $5 million to find out.

After this raise if Dannenman's ace is good I can't imagine Hachem doing what he does next--he goes all-in which of course would put Dannenman all in! At this point by my count Dannenman has $7.4 million in the pot. That means he has approximately $7 million left. Obviously he's way behind in the chip count and likely to lose the tournament, but of course he still has 7 million chips and a chair. The problem with calling the all-in though and risking your entire tournament on this hand at this point is that I just see *no way* that Dannenman can think he has the best hand.