View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: WSOP Hachem JJ Hand

[ QUOTE ]
And I don't really understand this whole business of checking it down. If there was no player all in, I am sure he would have gotten more chips in the pot at some point. Is it really worth it to check it down to move up the ladder? What if Dannenmann hits a free card you gave him and wins this huge pot? It seems this has become the standard play, and it happened several times in this year's WSOP. But to me it seems like a huge mistake, similar to folding a premium hand on the bubble.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

you also don't get 5.6 million in preflop either. Once he flat calls preflop, his best course is clearly to call.

1. Payout jumps indicate that getting the third guy out ia huge boost

2. Barch to me seemed to me, at least, to be much more dangerous. Keeping dannemann in increases the chance barch is gone and you're HU with a presumably worse player.

if there were 5-6 people left, hachem shoves preflop on his second decision point. With these circumstances though, calling is clearly best.

for those peopl saying "blah blah blah, dannemann hits a 7"...what if barch actually has a better overpair? or flopped a set? you need those outs. He gets to draw if he's behind regardless.