View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Betting time and other online tells in SNG\'s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The value added, if any, by studying this issue is much, much smaller than the value you would add by spending the time on something else. You are better off evaluating your game and looking at specific hands for faulty reasoning than you are worrying about whether or not your opponent who took 7 seconds to bet instead of 2 seconds is bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, brotha.

There are soooo many factors that could be causing lag time between bets. Please do not spend too much time concerned with it. Especially at the lower level SnGs. Players are doing other things like surfing the internet while playing, eating, chasing their kids around the house [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img], and some are really spending the time to think. You can't tell the difference enough to matter. Multi tablers are always late with their bets, it just means they were betting on other tables.
And as far as your own image, people are not noticing your time between bets usually.

As mosdef said, exert this energy in studying HHs, or reading the boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I agree completely. I'm not advocating reading into other people's betting times, I'm just saying that you can sometimes use your own betting time to manipulate other people's (i.e. mostly bad players) decisions.

I'm sure this is nothing new and was just wondering what sort of similar plays that other people make.