View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 10:45 AM

Default Re: The all-nighter...AKA I rule at procrastination

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I ended up putting off the writing of a paper in my Mass Comm class (400 level) until the night before it was due. This was entirely my fault, but I would like to blame my professor for not holding my hand or spoonfeeding me during the semester.

<snip>

Oh yeah, and I've got a test in my 7:30 class, an introductory communication studies class that I can totally BS my way through. Doesn't seem like the 45 minutes of sleep I could get if I went to bed right now would be worth it.

So I'm sure I'm not the only one who's pulled the all-nighter before with a pretty full day ahead...how do you guys make it through the day? FWIW, my schedule:

0730-0830: Class
0830-1100: Open
1100-1200: Class
1200-1245: Gym
1300-1415: Class (Mass Comm)

Free till 7 after that...so I've got some room for sleep. Help me out OOT, I'm gonna be on fumes by the time the last class lets out.

[/ QUOTE ]

45 minutes of sleep will help. Caffeine is your friend, but in moderation. It has a 2-hour half-life, so you will want to avoid overdoing it during times when you need a nap. If you are too tired, it can make you jittery and queasy, but do little to keep you up.

Sleep from 8:45 to 10:45, get a good lunch during Gym (who the [censored] takes Gym class in college?), then nap between Mass Comm and 6:45.

Go to bed at your usual time tonight or just a bit earlier, your body will make up the difference. Don't crash super-early, it will further mess up your sleep cycle.

Oh, and I FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, thanks Uncle Milo. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously, I don't like blaming my professor, and of course its my fault for putting off the writing until last night. But if you had this guy for a class, you'd know what I was talking about. No structure, no real concept of what he wants from us, nothing. But hey, what can I say. I live for pressure, I guess.

Update: Test over (and pleasantly surprised at how well I did), and I'm in that weird state where I'm not even feeling tired anymore. I'm gonna get a decent breakfast in me and build up the energy for the other 3 classes.

Side notes: Congratulations people who were up all night gambling and having sexual relations. Want a cookie? Meh, I knew what was gonna happen when I started this. I was just looking for what other people did when they pulled the all-nighter.

Milo: I'm gonna be home next weekend for Thanksgiving, if you're recovered enough from Magoo-fest maybe I'll run into you at the old card barn to play some [censored].