View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Re: A Very Good Exercise

I might feel silly saying this in a year or two but I really don't see how the sites are going to force us not having stats.

Worse case scenario you'll have another computer reading the info from a shared folder and projecting the stats on another screen. Or even reading it straight from the screen with a camera. I can even see some sort of technology where you put a screen in front of your screen and the stats are projected on that allowing you to still see the tables. (you now have frontwindows in the upper end Mercedes on which obstacles which are beyond your current eyesight are highlighted)

I know it sounds a bit far fetched but the point I'm trying to get across is that the only thing a site could do stop us from getting the info is force us to install camera's in our houses and monitor us while we're playing. (or have a representative set next to us [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

I do think that a lot of newbies, well actually a lot of internetplayers in general, are playing too many tables thus making it harder for them to ever move up.

I can fully understand that if this is your income and you're content with what you're making this is the way to go. But if you have a love for the game why grind instead of trying to become as good as possible? I've been through my spell of 4 tabling grinding away bonuses and although it did miracles for my bankroll it started to turn out to be an automatic thing I did while watching movies etc.

I'm now back to playing a single table. Concentrate 100% on the action, even if I'm not in the hand. Checking the HH to see the mucked cards of there was a showdown and trying to really make good decisions every time. I also try to not play, or quit, when I'm tired but I'm having a problem there. Playing poker is my hobby and I'm simply tired a lot from my business etc so that would cut down my play time so much that I'm at peace with giving away some of my edge.

Apart from that I replay sessions in PT and am always reading a pokerbook. TOP is permanently in the toilet, and another one follows me around the house. (I own too many pokerbooks at the moment [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])

I realise that this is not a positive thing for the speed of growth of my bankroll but I do think it will greatly enhance my learning curve of the game itself.