View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 05:01 AM

Default Re: A post I\'ve wanted to write for a long time (LONG)

Josh to be honest, if all you can come up with is a winning $15/30 player finding a few $50/100 games tough, you don't really have much of a point or an argument here. Maybe he doesn't consider himself to perfect postflop player either yet.

I don't know why you are using this as an argument to back up your claim that a lot of winning $15/30 and $30/60 players focus only on finding games with loose play preflop. You yourself are saying you would have trouble beating $100/200, can't a $15/30 winner find a few $50/100 games horrible?

And also, preflop looseness is not the be all or end all of limit Holdem, but it sure is ONE very nice factor to a game, if it's there. There are certainly others too, but PARTICULARLY I think as you escalate up the limits, preflop looseness is one way to beat very experienced and aggressive players slightly over time.

I think Paluka have touched onto this earlier, saying he is equal at best postflop to most of his high-limit opposition, but he gains his edge preflop. You will also see Stoxtrader entering full games at almost the highest online limits, playing against some of the world best online $500/1000 players, but possibly having an edge even over them as they have a hard time adjusting, or being bothered adjusting, to proper tight play once the game gets more than 3 or 4 handed.

lars