View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Chuck\'s ready to make a change

Hey Dids,

I'm not sure what forum you moderate - so you'll have to forgive my ignorance.

In my experince moderating HUSH it's been taxing to deal with bad beat / LC / downswing posts. Those who make the posts inevitably want to continue doing so AND have a place where their posts will be seen. Most of the regulars have no desire to see them whatsoever and I get multiple Notifications in my email from regulars every time a 5k stat post or running bad post pops up.

When they are locked/deleted I get angry PMs from the insulted OP whose free speech rights have been trodden upon, let alone their personal dignity. When they stay up I get questioning PMs from regulars as to why i'm allowing this BS to propagate, and it reflects poorly on me as a moderator and the strategy forum as a whole.

Providing a "Variance" forum solves these problems. The whiners get their place to whine, where other whiners can comiserate - they are happy b/c they post and get the attention they seek. The regulars and those who don't want to see it, don't have to. I can move posts to the Variance forum immediately with a short, friendly explanation and everyone's happy.

Surf