View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: Final Table

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But going along with the way those guys were playing all night, I figured they would have checked it down. They sort of seemed to be playing "nice poker"

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think so. if a 7 came on the turn you know dannenmann would have bet it, and hachem would have probably called and lost money

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. If Dannenman hits his third 7, and bets out, Hachem has to assume he's still in the lead and would IMO end up losing a LOT of money to Dannenman who, at that point, would just about KNOW that he had the hand won.

Forget "nice" poker with 3 left. Besides, if I'm Barch, I don't think it's very "nice" that both guys get together and check it down. To me, that's not nice. Of course it's a common play but screw being nice. Hachem needs to protect his holding there.

Only blatant mistake I recall seeing Hachem make. Kanter on the other hand... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Hachem's flop check is bad merely because any AKQ on the turn or river could easily hit Danneman, and a bet will get rid of him. Too simplified?