View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 11:23 PM

Default Re: Pedophilia and You

[ QUOTE ]
You missed the big STD, i.e. AIDS. And it only takes once. And regarding getting STD's, you are effectively screwing everyone your partner has if one person in your partner's chain of sexual experiences had such a disease and one or more of them either didn't use protection or that protection failed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I feel like I'm in Catholic school again. If the tests come up negative, you're almost certainly clear. A little common sense and responsibility go a long way.

[ QUOTE ]
And regarding virgins and not cheating, how big of a barrier is a marriage bond, especially between non-religious spouses, to adultery, compared with those whose sexual history shows that they never considered the lack of same a barrier to sexual relationships? [/quote}

...what?

It seems like you're complicating a very simple issue: two people, with a physical attraction and intellectual/spiritual connection, fall in love, develop trust, figure out what they want, and the pieces fall where they may. There's no reason why two sexually experienced, reasonable people can't have a good monogamous relationship without needing marriage to sanctify it and protect them from themselves.