View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 10:15 PM

Default WTF? I\'m Really Homesick?

I moved to L.A. to get away from high school. I went to high school in an Indiana town (yea, i get it, Tom Petty song). All of my friends moved to schools close by, ie IU, Purdue, Butler, etc. I liked my friends, but I felt like I needed to start new.

So I looked at schools further away. I found LMU in los angeles and liked everything about it. I want to go into the entertainment industry, not as a director or producer or actor, but more the business side of it (entertainment law,etc) . I have made new friends here and have a social life. But I can't get rid of my homesickness. I know it has only been a little less than a semester but I cannot shake the "missing" feeling. I don't even feel this for my family, mostly because my "cool" uncle lives out here, as does my grandmother. I didn't go home for thanksgiving because of rugby practices, and it looks like that might happen for Christmas too. My friends are starting to think that I am just too busy for them to come home, and I have gotten AIMs saying the same thing. Does everyone experience this to this degree? I should be happy with where I am, but I can't help but feel like I might move back home next year. However, I don't want everyone to tell me "I told you so" when I come back.

Sorry to sound like just another stupid, confused teenager, but hey, thats what I am. Thanks in advance.