View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Staying at Luxor? Head on downstairs for the lunacy!

The $50 NL game at Luxor is perhaps the juiciest game since the invention of poker. You can buy $50 anytime you are under $50, so I'd buy in, post a blind or tip the dealer, and rebuy.

Blinds are 1-1-2, and the morons LOVE to go all-in with crap like middle-pair, no-kicker, and will call off their whole stack on a gutshot (I personally saw an guy call a raise, then overcall an all-in with Q4o, on a board of KQ9r). Invariably, one or two of the fish build up a stack of several hundred bucks, then spew their newfound chips all over the table. It was not unususal to see a halfway decent player playing straighforward, unimaginitive ABC poker, and winning $500 in a few hours. Overall, I'd guess that this game is easily worth $25/hour to a typical 2+2er.

Additionally, put in 6 hours Monday-Tuesday, 6 hours Saturday-Sunday, or 15 hours in a week, and play in their twice weekly "ticket tournament." If you win a pot over $xx, depending on limit, you get a ticket. These are three hour feeding frenzies, after which the top four ticket earners get $375, $350, $325 and $300. All other qualifiers get $50, just for playing. A strange, toothless guy, who is impossible to understand, wins every time. Everyone else has a shot at the other three places, as Kenny dumps as many chips as he earns trying to win tickets. I entered this silly thing twice and finished in the money both times. Sweet.